Chapters in Books:
1. Keddy, P. A. 2017. Restoration of freshwater wetlands. Chapter 17 in S.K. Allison and S.D. Murphy (eds.) Routledge Handbook of Ecological and Environmental Restoration. Routledge, Taylor and Francis, NY. ISBN-13 978-1138922129
2. Keddy, P.A., L. Gough, J.A. Nyman, T. McFalls, J. Carter and J. Siegrist. 2009. Alligator hunters, pelt traders, and runaway consumption of Gulf coast marshes: A trophic cascade perspective on coastal wetland losses. p. 115-133 in B.R. Silliman, E.D. Grosholz, and M.D. Bertness (eds.) Human Impacts on Salt Marshes. A Global Perspective. University of California Press, Berkeley, CA. (Download PDF)
3. Keddy, P. 2008. Freshwater marshes. p. 1690-1697 in S. E. Jørgensen and B.D. Fath (editor-in-chief), Ecosystems. Vol. 2 of Encyclopedia of Ecology. Elsevier, Oxford, UK. (Download PDF)
4. Keddy, P.A. and L.H. Fraser. 2005. Introduction: big is beautiful. p. 1-10 in L.H. Fraser and P.A. Keddy (eds.) The World's Largest Wetlands: Ecology and Conservation. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
5. Fraser, L.H. and P.A. Keddy. 2005. The future of large wetland systems: a global perspective. p. 446-468 in L.H. Fraser and P.A. Keddy (eds.) The World's Largest Wetlands: Ecology and Conservation. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
6. Keddy, P.A. 2005. Competition. 7 p. in Encyclopedia of Life Sciences. John Wiley & Sons. Inc., Chichester (http://www.els.net/ [doi:10.1038/npg.els.0003162]).
7. Visser, J.M., S.D. Steyer, G.P. Shaffer, S.S. Höppner, M.W. Hester, E. Reyes, P. Keddy, I.A. Mendelssohn, C.E. Sasser and C. Swarzenski. 2004. Chapter C.9 Habitat switching module. p. C-143-159 in US Army Corps of Engineers and State of Louisiana Ecosystem Restoration Study Louisiana Coastal Area (LCA), Louisiana. US ACE, New Orleans.
8. Keddy, P.A. 2002. Interior Wetlands. pp. 443-447 in N. Eldredge. (ed.) Life on Earth: An Encyclopedia of Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution. 2 Vol. ABC-CLIO, Santa Barbara, CA.
9. Keddy, P.A. and L.H. Fraser. 2002. The management of wetlands for biological diversity: four principles. p. 21-42 in R.S. Ambasht and N.K. Ambasht (eds.) Modern Trends in Applied Aquatic Ecology. Kluwer, New York.
10. Keddy, P.A. and E. Weiher. 1999. The scope and goals of research on assembly rules. in E. Weiher and P. Keddy (eds.) Ecological Assembly Rules: Perspectives, Advances, Retreats. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
11. Weiher, E. and P. A. Keddy. 1999. Assembly rules as general constraints on community composition. in E. Weiher and P. Keddy (eds.) Ecological Assembly Rules: Perspectives, Advances, Retreats. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
12. Keddy, P.A. 1999. Epilogue: from global exploration to community assembly. in E. Weiher and P. Keddy (eds.) Ecological Assembly Rules: Perspectives, Advances, Retreats. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
13. Keddy, P.A., H. T. Lee, and I. C. Wisheu. 1993. Choosing indicators of ecosystem integrity: wetlands as a model system. in S. Woodley et al. (eds.) Ecological Integrity and the Management of Ecosystems, St. Lucie Press, Delray Beach, FL.
14. Belcher, J. W. and P. A. Keddy. 1992. Protecting alvar vegetation: will the sum of the parts equal the whole? p.327-331 in J.H. Willison et al. (eds.) Science and the Management of Protected Areas, Elsevier, Amsterdam.
15. Wisheu, I. C. and P.A. Keddy. 1992. Canada's threatened coastal plain wetlands: habitat characteristics and conservation concerns. p.321-326 in J.H. Willison et al. (eds.) Science and the Management of Protected Areas, Elsevier, Amsterdam. (Download PDF)
16. Keddy, P.A. 1991. Working with heterogeneity: an operator's guide to environmental gradients. in J. Kolasa and S.T.A. Pickett (eds.) Ecological Heterogeneity, Springer Verlag, New York. (Download PDF)
17. Keddy, P.A. 1991. Biological monitoring and ecological prediction: from nature reserve management to national state of environmental indicators. in F.B. Goldsmith (ed.). Biological Monitoring for Conservation. Chapman and Hall, London. (Download PDF)
18. Keddy, P.A. 1990. Competitive hierarchies and centrifugal organization in plant communities. p. 265-290 in J. Grace and D. Tilman (eds.) Perspectives on Plant Competition. Academic Press, New York.
19. Keddy, P.A. 1990. The use of functional as opposed to phylogenetic systematics: a first step in predictive community ecology. in S. Kawano (ed.) Biological Approaches and Evolutionary Trends in Plants. Academic Press, London. (Download PDF)
20. Keddy, P.A., I. Wisheu, B. Shipley and C. Gaudet. 1989. Seed banks and vegetation management for conservation: Towards predictive community ecology. p. 347-363 in M.A. Leck, V.T. Parker and R.L. Simpson (eds.) The Ecology of Soil Seed Banks, Academic Press, San Diego, CA.
21. Keddy, P.A. and A. A. Reznicek. 1985. Vegetation dynamics, buried seeds and water level fluctuations on the shorelines of the Great Lakes. in H.H. Prince and F.M. D'Itri (eds.) Coastal Wetlands, Lewis Publishers Inc., Chelsea, MI.